Part-time intern position for the Winter/Spring term
12-16 hours per week depending on the schedule
Elmhurst Art Museum is seeking a highly motivated Education Intern to work closely with the Director of Education and education staff. The ideal candidate would work two days per week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with researching ideas for future public and educational programming based on upcoming exhibitions
- Facilitate the execution of new and exciting programs and other initiatives
- Help monitor registration for all classes, camps, and special programs
- Draft outreach letters to local educators and community leaders
- Assist our staff members with guided exhibition tours
- Research potential collaborators
- Take initiative to take on new projects for the museum based on intern’s interest
- Assist with preparation of museum education internal reports and maintains general reporting records
- Perform other duties as necessary
This is an unpaid internship for a non-profit arts organization. College credit can be arranged for undergraduate or graduate students. 12-16 hours per week depending on the schedule.
Elmhurst Art Museum is located at 150 Cottage Hill Avenue in Elmhurst (IL), 25 minutes from downtown Chicago by car or public transportation (Metra). The Museum is both an international destination for Mies van der Rohe scholars and fans and a regional center where people from Chicago and the western suburbs learn to see and think differently through the study of the art, architecture, and design of our time. Please see www.elmhurstartmuseum.org for more details about the institution and upcoming programs.