Under the leadership of Artistic Director Chay Yew and Managing Director Erica Daniels, Victory Gardens Theater is dedicated to artistic excellence while creating a vital, contemporary American Theater that is accessible and relevant to all people through quality productions of challenging new plays and musicals.
Victory Gardens is a leader in developing and producing new theatre work and cultivating an inclusive theater community. The theater’s core strengths are nurturing and producing dynamic and inspiring new plays, reflecting the diversity of our city’s and nation’s culture through engaging diverse communities, and in partnership with Chicago Public Schools, bringing art and culture to our city’s active student population.
Director of Marketing and Communications
The Director of Marketing and Communications reports to the Managing Director but also works closely with the Artistic Director to communicate the artistic vision and mission of the theater. This position is responsible for the theater’s external communication strategy including the theater’s branding, single ticket initiatives, subscription campaigns, press, and all customer and front of house services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the Graphic Designer & Brand Manager, Marketing Associate, and Director of Audience Services
- Work closely with the theater’s press team to effectively generate press coverage
- Supervise the Director of Audience Services to ensure seamless and engaging touch-points across all aspects of the theater, including group sales, audience services, box office, bar, and concessions
- Work closely with the Audience Development and Group Sales Manager to create and grow a sustainable audience base that reflects the cultural diversity of Chicago
- Direct the design, production, and distribution of all print and electronic communication materials; includes supervising and managing relationships with external designers, photographers, and printers
- Create and implement marketing campaigns for all Victory Gardens Theater productions, including key art, graphic design, messaging, media buys, promotional videos, and social media
- Develop yearly subscription renewal and acquisition campaigns
- Develop and monitor revenue projections and implement pricing strategies to maximize revenue
- Collaborate with all departments to market and promote individual department programs and initiatives to meet institutional goals
- Oversee the Victory Gardens Theater Marketing Committee, comprised of experts in the field of marketing from various industries
- In coordination with the Managing Director and Finance Director develop an expense budget and manage this budget efficiently
Salary is competitive within the non-profit performing arts industry and commensurate with qualification and experience. Excellent benefits package.